Butterfly Goby (Amblygobius albimaculatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
208 Litres (55 US G.)
12.7-17.8cm (5-7 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22 -30 °C (71.6-86°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Butterfly Goby, Tailspot Goby, Tailspot Reef Goby
Additional scientific names
- Gobius albimaculatus, Gobius papilio, Gobius quinqueocellatus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males with 3 black spots near base of 2nd dorsal fin and round spots on cheek; females with brown-edged band from upper lip to upper operculum.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This fish can easily starve in captivity, they can be fussy eaters. They prefer to eat continuously, rooting around in the substrate for algae, crustaceans and worms.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A bottom dwelling sand-sifting goby. Will dig in the substrate and hover slightly above it.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )