Adonis Tetra (Lepidarchus adonis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
38 Litres (10 US G.)
1.5-2.1 cm (0.6-0.8")
5.8 - 6.5
22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
- Adonis Tetra, Adonis Characin, African Tetra, Jellybean Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Lepidarchus adonis signifer
- Africa: found in small coastal basins in the southern areas of Ghana and Côte d'Ivoire.
- Females are fuller in the belly than the males. Males have a rounded anal while females have a pointed anal fin. Male has dark blotching to the rear of the dorsal and anal fins.
- A peaceful shoaling fish that prefers to be kept in shoals of 5 or 6. Keep with other peaceful community fish.
- Will take most foods including small pellets and flake, as well as live/frozen food such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a densely planted tank with some open swimming space. Does best in acidic water.
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
- A small and slender tetra with a mostly translucent body. There is some barring on the caudal fin.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )