Palauan Riffle Goby (Stiphodon pelewensis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Palauan Riffle Goby
114 Litres (30 US G.)
5.1-10.2cm (2-4 ")
7.4 - 8.4
23.3-28.9°C (74 -84 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Males are much more colourful.
- Like other small freshwater Gobies, the Palauan Riffle Goby can become territorial and will try to defend its home territory. This fish does not get very large and should not be kept with large fish.
- These Gobies are aufwuchs and algae grazers, they need to be in a mature tank with a lot of algae growth. They will, however, only eat certain types of algae, mostly short tufty types of algae, not stringy or filamentous algae. They should also accept algae wafers and dried marine seaweed. They may also accept some soft blanched veges like peas. They should not be fed meaty foods as their digestive system is not designed for high protein.
- Supplement once or twice a day depending on algae growth present.
- Tends to be skittish. Often it will bury itself in the substrate, with only its head protruding.
- It is a small, elongated fish with a dark brown mottled body with a blue iridescent head. These colours are more vibrant when in breeding condition.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )