African Brass Tetra (Alestes humilis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from African Brass Tetra)
African Brass Tetra
170 Litres (45 US G.)
7-15 cm (2.8-5.9")
6.5 - 7.5
22.2-27.8°C (72 -82 °F)
- African Brass Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Brycinus humilis
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Difficult to sex, females may appear fuller in the belly than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A generally peaceful and shoaling fish, keep in groups of 6 or more. Can be kept with peaceful but robust similar sized tank mates.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including pellets and flake as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm and daphnia.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Needs a large spacious and mature tank.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Generally peaceful if kept in a good group, can be territorial during spawning however.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An elongated iridescent silver fish with large scales and a forked caudal fin. It has a darker spot at the base of the caudal fin and the body can have blue or yellow hues as well as the silver.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )