African Shovelnose Catfish (Parauchenoglanis loennbergi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from African Shovelnose Catfish)
African Shovelnose Catfish
170 Litres (45 US G.)
15.2-25.4cm (6-10 ")
6.5 - 7.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- African Shovelnose Catfish, Dotted Catfish
Additional scientific names
- Auchenoglanis guttatus, Pimelodus guttatus, Parauchenoglanis guttatus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- It is difficult to visually sex this fish, male may be larger than the female. Little is known about breeding this fish.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Stock with equal or larger fish as this catfish will eat smaller fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Omnivorous and will except most foods, does well with high-protein foods. Will scavenge after lights out.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Can be territorial towards similar species.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )