Festivum (Mesonauta festivus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Albino Fetivum)
170 Litres (45 US G.)
12.7-15.2cm (5-6 ")
6.0 - 8.0
24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
- Festivum, Flag Cichlid, Barred Cichlid
Additional scientific names
- Acara festiva, Cichlasoma festiva, Cichlasoma insigne, Cichlasoma insignis, Heros festivus, Heros insignis, Mesonauta festiva, Mesonauta festivum, Mesonauta insignis
- South America: Paraná River basin, in the Paraguay River drainage in Brazil and Paraguay; Amazon River basin, in the Guaporé (Brazil and Bolivia), Madre de Dios (Peru), Mamoré (Bolivia), Jamari and Tapajós (Brazil) River drainages.
- These fish are quite difficult to visually sex. The pectoral and anal fins of mature males will be slightly more elongated, but this is not a definite way of sexing them.
- A shy Cichlid that is generally peaceful and does well housed with similar-sized peaceful fish. Should not be housed with small fish such as Neon Tetras as they will be eaten. Can be kept in pairs and with other generally peaceful American Cichlids such as Angelfish and German Blue Rams.
- Does well fed on a meaty diet including daphnia and brine shrimp as well as pellet and flake food. They will also willingly accept and benefit from vegetarian foods including pellet and flake and may nibble blanched vegetables.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- These fish should be in a spacious tank with good filtration and well aerated but not too strong a current. They must be provided with plenty of hiding places in plants and bogwood. They are quite sensitive to nitrates, so nitrites to water quality must be kept immaculate.
- A shy and timid American Cichlid.
- An oval-shaped fish with a pointed snout. The body is pale in colour and the dorsal, pelvic, and anal fins are elongated and whitish-yellow. The back of the fish is grey/dark grey and there is a distinctive diagonal dark band which runs from the eye to the caudal end of the dorsal fin.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )