Wheeler's Shrimp Goby (Amblyeleotris wheeleri)
Wheeler's Shrimp Goby
38 Litres (10 US G.)
6.4-7.6cm (2.5-3 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Wheeler's Prawn Goby, Gorgeous Goby, Wheeler's Goby
Additional scientific names
- Cryptocentrus wheeleri
Origin[edit | edit source]
- East Africa to Fiji, north to southern Japan, south to the Great Barrier Reef.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- It is not possible to visually sex this fish.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A generally peaceful fish which can be kept in groups or pairs, so long as they are all added to the tank at the same time. They are reef safe.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Their diet should be meaty and varied and they should readily accept foods such as mysis shrimp and brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Does best in a spacious mature tank with a deep sand bed in which to build burrows.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful and robust Goby.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Typical Goby in shape with a long body and large blunt head. The body is "candy cane" coloured, a white body with thick vertical red bands from head to tail.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )