Saddleback Clownfish (Amphiprion polymnus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
12-13 cm (4.7-5.1")
8.1 - 8.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Twobanded Anemonefish, Saddleback Clownfish, Brown Saddle Clownfish, Panda Clownfish, White-Tipped Anemonefish, Yellow-Finned Anemonefish
Additional scientific names
- Amphiprion bifasciatus, Amphiprion bifasciatus annamensis, Amphiprion intermedius, Amphiprion laticlavius, Amphiprion polynemus, Amphiprion trifasciatus, Amphiprion polymus
- Pacific ocean
- Hard to do, as males are the same size as females
- Will take most kinds of marine food including live foods such as krill and flake.
- A spacious tank with hiding places is required. Known to host Stichodactyla haddoni or Heteractis crispa anemones.
- Mixes well with nonagressive species
- Typical oval Clownfish shape. The Saddleback Clownfish has an orange-brown body with a vertical white band behind its head, and a large white patch on its dorsal area which resembles a "saddle". The colouration can vary from orange to black. The pattern of white bars can also vary. A captive-bred variant was developed that lacked the distinctive "saddle" patch is called the "black saddleback clownfish".
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )