Apisto Blue Head (Apistogramma resticulosa)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Apisto Blue Head
57 Litres (15 US G.)
5.1-7.6cm (2-3 ")
7.0 - 7.5
25.6-27.8°C (78 -82 °F)
- Lower Rio Mamor, Bolivia/Brazil, South America
- Females have yellow on their chest, whereas males have blue.
- A relatively peaceful dwarf cichlid (except if breeding) and can be kept with other peaceful, non-nippy, tank mates that appreciate the same water conditions such as Neon Tetras. There should only be one male to a tank to avoid any territorial behaviour.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Appreciates lots of hiding places, wood and floating plants. They do best in a pH of 7.0-7.5, and a temperature around 26.7°C (80°F) . They will be sensitive towards parameter changes. Best for matured tanks only.
- A relatively peaceful little cichlid, although two males may be territorial to one another.
- An attractive cichlid that is relatively new to the pet trade. Its body is silver-grey in colour with a bold dark lateral line, it has shiny metallic blue on the head, giving it its common name. It has a dark vertical band through the eye to the chin.