Star-Gazing Doradid (Astrodoras asterifrons)
From The Aquarium Wiki
76 Litres (20 US G.)
10.2-12.7cm (4-5 ")
6.5 - 7.8
21 -25 °C (69.8-77°F)
- Starry Growler, Star-Gazing Doradid
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- No external sexual differences.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- It is typically docile however it may feed on smaller fishes.
Diet[edit | edit source]
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed just before the lights go out in the evening.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Requires hiding places during the day. Soft substrate is best due to burrowing habits.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- This is a nocturnal bottom dwelling fish that likes to burrow into the substrate.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Can be distinguished from close relatives in that it's dorsal-fin spine is serrated only along the front edge and not along the back and sides as well.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )