Kennedy's Tetra (Astyanax kennedyi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
95 Litres (25 US G.)
3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
5.5 - 7.0
25.6-28.9°C (78 -84 °F)
- Found in the upper Amazon River basin.
- Not easy to sex, females will be fuller in the belly.
- A shoaling fish that must be kept in groups of 6 or more. Due to their high activity levels they should not be kept with shy or nervous fish, nor with slow moving fish. They should also not be kept with very small fish as they may be eaten.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- They should have a spacious tank with plenty of open swimming space and some current, décor in the form of bogwood and driftwood branches are appreciated.
- A very active shoaling fish that should be kept in large shoals.
- With a body shape similar, a little more elongated, to the more often seen Serpae Tetra, this fish is pale and iridescent in colour with a darkened lateral line edged with yellow, darkest on the caudal peduncle.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )