Zoster Butterflyfish (Hemitaurichthys zoster)
473 Litres (125 US G.)
14-18 cm (5.5-7.1")
8.2 - 8.5
23 -25 °C (73.4-77°F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Zoster Butterflyfish, Black Pyramid Butterfly
Additional scientific names
- Chaetodon zoster, Tetragonoptrus zoster
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Indian Ocean: East Africa to Guam, north to India, south to Mauritius.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- It is not possible to visually sex this fish.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A generally peaceful Butterflyfish which should be reef safe provided it is kept well fed.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This fish's diet should consist of frozen and freeze-dried foods containing algae are good substitutes and can be supplemented with dried algae and vitamin enriched brine shrimp and mysis shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Does best in a spacious, mature reef setting.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful but shy Butterflyfish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Is brownish-black with a white band down the side. Has been known to hybridise with Hemitaurichthys polylepis.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )