Blue Tetra (Boehlkea fredcochui)
From The Aquarium Wiki
57 Litres (15 US G.)
3-4.1cm (1.2-1.6 ")
6.0 - 8.0
22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
- Blue Tetra, Cochu's Blue Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Microbrycon cochui
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Females are larger and broader than males and have less colour.
- A peaceful shoaling fish, keep in groups of 6 or more. Do not keep with larger predatory fish.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a spacious tank with some dense planting and hiding places as well as open swimming space.
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
- A pretty and small tetra with an elongated body, similar to that of the Neon Tetra, there is no body colour apart from the bottom half of the body from the caudal to the stomach is coloured bright blue.
- This species may be shortly renamed to Knodus borki
- 2008-12-20 - PFK article: "Blue tetra is not Boehlkea fredcochui, says scientist"
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )