Blue Tetra (Boehlkea fredcochui)
From The Aquarium Wiki
57 Litres (15 US G.)
3-4.1cm (1.2-1.6 ")
6.0 - 8.0
22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
- Blue Tetra, Cochu's Blue Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Microbrycon cochui
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Females are larger and broader than males and have less colour.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful shoaling fish, keep in groups of 6 or more. Do not keep with larger predatory fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers a spacious tank with some dense planting and hiding places as well as open swimming space.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A pretty and small tetra with an elongated body, similar to that of the Neon Tetra, there is no body colour apart from the bottom half of the body from the caudal to the stomach is coloured bright blue.
Species Note[edit | edit source]
- This species may be shortly renamed to Knodus borki
Pictures[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2008-12-20 - PFK article: "Blue tetra is not Boehlkea fredcochui, says scientist"
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )