Tonguefish (Brachirus panoides)
From The Aquarium Wiki
208 Litres (55 US G.)
18-20.1cm (7.1-7.9 ")
7.0 - 8.0
23.3-27.8°C (74 -82 °F)
- False Freshwater Sole, False Pan Sole, Tonguefish
- The Tonguefish is from the Malay Peninsula.
| This section requires expansion with:
Methods for differentiating male and females.
- Generally a peaceful fish, but avoid fish that are small enough to become a meal. Also, it can SOMETIMES do OK with aggressive cichlids, because of its oval/circle shape similar to a Silver Dollar except it's lays flat on the substrate unlike silver dollars who swim upright. It will though do well with peaceful cichlids like Severum Cichlids and Firemouth Cichlids. It will also do well with other fish like Plecos, Larger Tetras, and Barbs, and many more fish.
- The Tonguefish is a Carnivore which accepts Meaty Foods and Live Foods. Though occasionally it will accept Vegetable Food and Tablet Food.
- Feed 2-3 times a day.
- The Tonguefish accepts a wide variety of environments, but would appreciate 50% forested and 50% open. It will do best with sand substrate. It does well in both Freshwater and Brackish environments.
- The Tonguefish is generally a peaceful community fish, but avoid fish that are small enough to become a meal. Also avoid aggressive fish.
- Look similar to its saltwater cousins, only MUCH smaller, with a flat, oval-shaped body which it uses to slide through the substrate of the fish tank.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )