Pearl Danio (Danio albolineatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
76 Litres (20 US G.)
5.1-6.4cm (2-2.5 ")
6.5 - 7.8
23.9-26.7°C (75 -80 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Pearl Danio
Additional scientific names
- Brachydanio albolineatus, Danio albolineata
- Asia: Myanmar to Laos and the island of Sumatra, Indonesia.
- Males are slimmer and may have brighter colouration.
- A good community fish for active tank mates. Avoid slow swimming long-tailed tank mates or shy fish that may be bothered by this fish's activeness.
- Not fussy, feeds from the surface primarily and will readily take live, frozen, flake and pellet foods.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers long spacious tanks with plenty of swimming room.
- A shoaling fish that should be in groups of at least 5-6. Can be a fin nipper.
- Typical long Danio shape, with iridescent blue colour on posterior of the body. Due to selective breeding there are now albino and long-fin varieties available.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )