Canara Pearlspot Cichlid (Etroplus canarensis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Canara Pearlspot Cichlid
151 Litres (40 US G.)
10.2-20.3cm (4-8 ")
6.0 - 7.5
22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Canara Pearlspot Cichlid, Banded Chromide
- Asia: South Karnataka, India.
- Males are larger and more heavily built than females.
- Generally peaceful except if a pair decides to spawn. Best kept in a group of at least 7-8 in a large tank. Can be kept with shoaling fish too large to eat such as Devario malabaricus.
- Should eat a variety of foods including bloodworm and artemia. Should also be offered vegetable material such as spirulina.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- This Chromide is happiest in a freshwater set up than brackish. They prefer a set up to resemble a flowing stream with a variably sized rocky substrate. They are sensitive to water quality so should only be introduced to mature set ups.
- Generally peaceful except if spawning.
- An oval shaped fish. The body is cream-yellow in colour with several vertical dark bands running down the flanks but not around the belly.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )