Green Lace Shrimp (Atyoida pilipes)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Green Lace Shrimp)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Green Lace Shrimp
76 Litres (20 US G.)
5.1-7.6cm (2-3 ")
6.5 - 7.8
22.2-26.7°C (72 -80 °F)
- Green Lace Shrimp
- Similar to Cherry Shrimps, Female has a larger body to carry eggs.
- Due to these shrimp's small size they are best kept with similar sized entirely peaceful fish that will not threaten, nip or try and eat it. As they are filter-feeders they prefer a tank with reasonable current, suitable tank mates could include White Cloud Mountain Minnows.
- These shrimp are filter feeders, so will filter very small food particles from the water. A well established aquarium should provide them with most of the food they need, but to supplement you can crumble flakes or pellets in the water column and they will should get some of that. Similar to the more well known Bamboo Shrimp in this respect.
- Supplement when necessary, a few times a week should suffice.
- Little is know on this specie. They enjoy a darker environment and will hide in shaded areas of your aquarium.