Perrieri Cichlid (Haplochromis perrieri)
114 Litres (30 US G.)
12.7-15.2cm (5-6 ")
7.4 - 7.5
25-25.6°C (77 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Perrieri Cichlid
Additional scientific names
- Prognathochromis perrieri, Tilapia perrieri
Origin[edit | edit source]
- This Cichlid is endemic to Lake Victoria.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Females are less colourful than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This fish will eat smaller fish so is best kept with similar sized or large species of fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Feeds on other fish in the wild, feed a meaty diet with Cichlid pellets.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day:
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Requires a spacious tank with plenty of hiding places.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Piscivourously aggressive, keep with fish too large to be eaten.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )