Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab (Calcinus laevimanus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Hawaiian Reef Hermit Crab)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab
76 Litres (20 US G.)
1.3-2.5cm (0.5-1 ")
8.2 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Dwarf Zebra Hermit Crab, Hawaiian Reef Hermit Crab, Left-Handed Hermit Crab
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Requires close examination
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Will not bother fish tankmates, but may prey on snails for their shells.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will eat many kinds of algae, including red slime algae. If there's not enough algae present, supplement with dried seaweed.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- Reef tank.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A small hermit. The lower half of its eye stalk is blue, and the upper half, orange. The legs are striking with black and white banding.