Golden Tetra (Hemigrammus rodwayi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
57 Litres (15 US G.)
5.1-6.1cm (2-2.4 ")
6.0 - 6.5
24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Golden Tetra, Gold Tetra
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- The males are more vibrant in colouration.
- A peaceful community fish that should be kept in shoals of 6 or more. Keep with other peaceful community fish.
- Will accept most foods including pellets and flake as well as live/frozen food such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a spacious tank with some hiding places and dense planting as well as open swimming space.
- An active peaceful shoaling fish.
- This fish is small and elongate with a highly iridescent body that has gold-yellow hues, there is a black spot on the caudal peduncle with red colouration above and below it, this spot will disappear if the fish is stressed. Tank bred Gold Tetras are silver, lacking the gold colouration which is thought to come from a micro-organism that lives within the wild variety.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )