Queen Angelfish (Holacanthus ciliaris)
From The Aquarium Wiki
568 Litres (150 US G.)
38.1-43.2cm (15-17 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Difficult to tell as juveniles. Male adults are somewhat larger then females.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- It will take most foods including pellets, live and frozen foods.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Compatible with most peaceful fish of equal size as a juvenile. As it grows, it will become more aggressive and territorial.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Can be confused with and hybridise with the Blue Angelfish, however the body is more yellow, with blue borders, has finer but brighter markings.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This species can hybridise with the Queen Angelfish; resulting hybrids are called Townsend's Angelfish.
Videos[edit | edit source]
|In a pet shop tank:|
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )