Angelicus Pleco (Hypancistrus sp "L004")
From The Aquarium Wiki
Hypancistrus sp "L004"
57 Litres (15 US G.)
7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
6.6 - 7.6
23 -28 °C (73.4-82.4°F)
Additional scientific names
- Peckoltia angelicus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Male in breeding condition have odontodes (~2mm) on the plate on the body. Odontodes on pectoral are bigger on male, dominant males have long interopercular odontodes which is not the case with submissive male, in which interopercular odontodes are barely bigger than those on the female. Females are more rounder in the ventral region when viewed from above.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This fish will be territorial towards other Plecos, but generally peaceful towards other fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This Pleco prefers a meaty diet and won't generally take veges. Feed bloodworm, brine shrimp, catfish wafers and spirulina.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once a day after lights out.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Provide this fish with plenty of caves as it will like to hide and does not like bright light.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A generally peaceful Pleco unless other Plecos are nearby as it will be territorial.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- This is a small, attractively patterned species. The white spots adorning this species are medium sized and well spaced out. L004 is the juvenile phase of L005 (which has slightly smaller spots - still well spaced out) and also L028 and L073. Even if it is not a big Pleco, it has a rather massive appearance.