Flame Tetra (Hyphessobrycon flammeus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
57 Litres (15 US G.)
5.1-7.6cm (2-3 ")
5.5 - 7.3
22.8-27.8°C (73 -82 °F)
- Flame Tetra, Red Tetra, Von Rio Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Hyphessobrycon rubrostigma, Hyphessobrycon callistus rubrostigma
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Males are more brightly coloured with slightly more elongated and elaborate fins.
- A peaceful fish, keep in groups of 6 or more. Will co-exist with most other peaceful community fish but avoid keeping them with slow-moving long-finned fish.
- Omnivorous, will take pellets and flake as well as live and frozen food.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- This fish prefers a spacious tank with open swimming place and room to shoal. Some hiding places in plants would be appreciated. If the water conditions in the aquarium are toxic or unfit for the Flame Tetras, they will lose their bright colors.
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
- An attractive little tetra, looks similar to the Black Skirt Tetra, but rather than the silver and black, they are silver and red, and not quite as high-backed.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )