Crystal Red Tetra (Hyphessobrycon haraldschultzi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Crystal Red Tetra
76 Litres (20 US G.)
2.5-3.6cm (1-1.4 ")
6.0 - 7.0
22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
- Crystal Red Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Hemigrammus haraldschultzi
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Mature females will have a fuller thicker body than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful shoaling fish, keep in groups of 6 or more. Does well with other peaceful community fish, do not keep with aggressive or predatory fish, nor with any slow swimming fish with long fins as they may be fin nipped.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will take most foods including flake, pellet and live/frozen foods.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Appreciate a mature spacious tank with both dense planting and open swimming space.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful mid-swimming shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- This Tetra looks like a cross between a Serpae Tetra and X-Ray Tetra, the body is red-orange in colour with a dark spot behind the gill plate. The dorsal fin has a large dark spot with the tip and base white. The anal and pectoral fins are edged in white.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )