Golden Julie (Julidochromis ornatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
208 Litres (55 US G.)
7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
7.5 - 8.5
22.2-25°C (72 -77 °F)
- Golden Julie, Yellow Julie
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males are more slender and smaller when mature.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This fish is territorial and intolerant of its own species. Monogamous pairs can bond. Keep with other Lake Tanganyika cichlids.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen such as bloodworm, brine shrimp and artemia.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Needs a spacious tank with plenty of hiding places and a sandy substrate. Caves are essential for this fish.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A territorial fish towards others of its own kind.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A slender and elongated Cichlid with a pale yellow to rich gold base colour and three bold brown-black longitudinal lines.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )