From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Sometimes called 'potash'.
Potassium is an essential mineral micronutrient in all life. So aquatic plants require it in order to grow.
It is most commonly used as a plant fertiliser.
- Potassium bicarbonate (KHCO3) also called Salt of Tartar or Kaligreen.
- Potassium carbonate (K2CO3)
- Potassium nitrate (KN03)
- This is very commoningly used as a part of the PMDD (Poor Man's Dosing Drops) mix to add nitrate to a tank.
- Potassium hydroxide (KOH)
- Used to increase pH without affecting GH or KH.