Cigar Shark (Leptobarbus hoevenii)
From The Aquarium Wiki
946 Litres (250 US G.)
85-100 cm (33.5-39.4")
7.0 - 7.2
23 -26 °C (73.4-78.8°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Additional scientific names
- Barbus hoevenii, Leptobarbus hoeveni, Leptobarbus hoenenii
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- This fish is difficult to sex visually and is not known to breed in captivity.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Due to their size and carnivorous nature, these fish should not be housed with anything that will fit in their mouths.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Leptobarbus hoevenii eat fruit that falls in the water in the wild but in an aquarium they are indiscriminate eaters and will accept most flake and pellet foods.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed them a good amount of different things each week e.g cichlid pellets or flake food, River shrimp or frozen River shrimp.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A shy and peaceful active fish though in a smaller tank they may jump if spooked by sudden movement.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )