True Red Congo Tetra (Micralestes stormsi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
True Red Congo Tetra
95 Litres (25 US G.)
9-10 cm (3.5-3.9")
6.0 - 7.6
22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Females may appear fuller in the belly than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful community fish that should be kept in groups of 6 or more. Keep with other active peaceful community fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as daphnia and brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers a spacious tank with plenty of open swimming space as well as some hiding places.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- An active shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An elongate fish with a forked caudal fin. The back is quite flat with a rounded belly, the scales are large and iridescent silver and the top half of the iris is red. The caudal fin can have hints of red running through it.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )