Three-Spot Tetra (Odontostilbe kriegi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
95 Litres (25 US G.)
3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
6.0 - 7.5
22 -28 °C (71.6-82.4°F)
- Three-Spot Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Serrapinnus kriegi, Cheirodon kriegi
- South America: Paraguay River basin.
- Females will appear fuller in the belly than the males.
- A peaceful shoaling fish, keep in groups of 6 or more, preferably over 10 individuals, with other peaceful community fish.
- Will accept most foods including pellets and flake as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- This fish prefers densely planted tanks with some open swimming space. They are sensitive to water conditions so should be kept in mature tanks with regular water changes. Prefers acidic water.
- A peaceful and shoaling community fish, mainly swimming in the mid-section of the water column.
- A small and slender fish with similar body shape to the well known Neon Tetra, however, the body is entirely iridescent silver in colour, the base of the caudal fin is black with white edging, the rest of the fins are clear.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )