Clown Barb (Puntius everetti)
From The Aquarium Wiki
132 Litres (35 US G.)
12-15 cm (4.7-5.9")
6.0 - 6.5
24 -30 °C (75.2-86°F)
- Clown Barb, Everett's Barb
Additional scientific names
- Barbus everetti, Barbodes everetti
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Asia: Borneo and Sumatra.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males are slimmer and have more vivid colouration.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A shoaling fish that needs to be in groups of 6 or more. An active fish that does well with fish such as Zebra Danios, similar sized Tetras, Corydoras etc.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This fish will accept most foods including pellet and flake, blanched vegetables and live/frozen food such as brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Keep this fish is a spacious and long tank as it needs room to swim. May nibble on plants.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- An active and fast-swimming shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Similar in colouration to the Tiger Barb, and is orange/red in colour with a paler belly and the black/dark green vertical bands are more slender and irregular. The fish is more elongated than the Tiger Barb and has two sets of barbels.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )