From The Aquarium Wiki
|Required Lighting||Low/Medium 150 to 200 PAR|
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Ricordea, Ric
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Does best on the bottom. Low light low flow species.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Filter feeder, may consume some coepods that land on it as well.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Weekly broadcast feeding of plankton, or other suitable coral food will suffice.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Will shrivel up if unhappy with the amount of light exposed to. Because different species and colouration of Ricordea have different lighting needs experimentation with placement can be needed. Some will prefer a 300 PAR location while other lighter coloured Ricordea may prefer 100 PAR or less. Most are happy with 200 to 250 PAR. Ricordea will detach if exposed to too much water flow.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Bubbly looking polyps, very colourful. Common colours include pink and purple, orange and blue, orange, red, blue, baby blue, green, and variations of all of the above.