Carpet Anemone (Stichodactyla haddoni)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Alternative names[edit | edit source]
- Carpet Anemone, Saddle Anemone, Haddon's Anemone
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This creature will sting near by corals, and will consume anything that swims in its grasp. One of the few Anemones that are capable of stinging a human, not a common occurrence but possible none the less. Clownfish have a symbiotic relationship with this creature.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This invert is photosynthetic and contains zooxanthellae, it will also filter feed, and accept prepared foods that are placed in its tentacles.
Environment Specifics[edit | edit source]
- Most carpets like bright light of at least 300 to 400 PAR and will thrive under more.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- This anemone has a short stock for a base, has a wide spreading mushroom like shape with many very small tentacles and a vent in the centre that also acts as its mouth.
Flow[edit | edit source]
- Carpets do not like strong flow and really dis-like strong direct flow.
Clownfish Hosts[edit | edit source]
- The following Clownfish are known to host this anemone:
- While other species of Clowns may host in them these are the most likely choices.