Sheep Pacu (Acnodon normani)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Tiger Pacu)
246 Litres (65 US G.)
13-15 cm (5.1-5.9")
5.8 - 7.2
22 -28 °C (71.6-82.4°F)
- Tiger Pacu, Elongatus Pacu
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Difficult to visually sex.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Appreciates company of its own kind. Can be kept with larger robust peaceful or, depending on species, semi-aggressive South American Cichlids.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Predominantly vegetarian and will nibble live plants, however will also sift food, including invertebrates, from the detritus.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Needs a large, well filtered and spacious tank with plenty of swimming space. Will eat live plants so is not planted tank safe.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A fast swimming fish, fairly robust. Prone to ich and other parasites.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An elongated laterally depressed slender fish with a silver iridescent body with gold and olive green colouration, some vertical barring, large eyes and translucent fins.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )