Sparkling Gourami (Trichopsis pumilus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
38 Litres (10 US G.)
1.3-2.5cm (0.5-1 ")
6.0 - 7.0
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Sparkling Gourami, Pygmy Gourami, Dwarf Croaking Gourami
Additional scientific names
- Ctenops pumilus
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- It is difficult to sex these fish visually. Mature females may be slightly fuller in the belly than males.
- A peaceful fish. Stays at the top since it is a labyrinth fish, and gets its air from the surface. Males can be territorial during breeding season. Preferably keep one male per tank with several females.
- An omnivore that will accept a wide range of food including flake, pellets, live/frozen, or freeze-dried.
- Feed once or twice a day in small amounts.
- Appreciates floating plants and places to hide. Can be sensitive to water quality issues, good filtration and a mature tank are essential.
- A peaceful fish that can be shy.
- This Gourami has an arrowhead shaped body with sparkling spots of assorted colours, a long anal fin and an almost cone shaped caudal fin.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )