Red Striped Goby (Trimma cana)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Red Striped Goby
38 Litres (10 US G.)
2-2.5cm (0.8-1 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Red Striped Goby, Candycane Pygmy Goby
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- A males second spine in the dorsal fin will be more elongated than the females, reaching to the caudal peduncle.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- An active and peaceful little Goby which is reef-safe. Should not be kept with larger or potentially predatory fish or invertebrates due to this fish's tiny size. This fish does well in groups or pairs, but only if the group is added to the tank at the same time.
Diet[edit | edit source]
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Should be fed twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Provide this fish with a mature tank with plenty of hiding places in live rock.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- An active and peaceful fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An elongate small fish which is typical Goby in shape. The body is pale cream-white with around 7-8 vertical brilliant red bands down the body. The fins are white. The large eyes have gold rims.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )