Blue Throat Triggerfish (Xanthichthys auromarginatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Blue Throat Triggerfish
265 Litres (70 US G.)
20.3-25.4cm (8-10 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Blue Chin Triggerfish, Blue Jaw Triggerfish, Gilded Triggerfish, Guilded Triggerfish
Additional scientific names
- Balistes auromarginatus
- Western Atlantic: from East Africa to the Hawaiian Islands, north to the Ryukyus, south to Cocos-Keeling Atoll and New Caledonia.
- Females are duller in colouration. Only males have the distinctive blue chin.
- Keep only with fish that can stand its aggression. It is definitely not a fish for the average large marine tank. It will eat any inverts and may damage corals.
- This fish requires meaty foods including shrimp, squid and scallops.
- Feed daily.
- A suitable reef tank will suffice.
- Quite territorial; keep only with fish that can handle the aggression; best not kept with crustaceans.
- A blue-green fish. Dorsal, and anal fins are bordered with yellow.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )