Platinum Tetra (Hemigrammus vorderwinkleri)
From The Aquarium Wiki
45 Litres (12 US G.)
3-4 cm (1.2-1.6")
6.5 - 7.2
23 -27 °C (73.4-80.6°F)
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Females are more full in the belly than males.
- A peaceful community fish that should be kept in shoals of 6 or more. Keep with other peaceful community fish.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Does best in acidic water. Keep in a spacious tank with some open swimming place as well as dense planting and hiding places. Bogwood is an ideal addition, as it will also help to create the "blackwater" conditions found in it's natural habitat.
- An active peaceful shoaling fish.
- An attractive elongate rounded fish with translucent fins except for a black spot on the caudal peduncle, and a silver body. The lateral line is grey with the top half of the body being highly iridescent.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )