Glittering Pencilfish (Nannostomus nitidus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
57 Litres (15 US G.)
3-4 cm (1.2-1.6")
5.5 - 7.0
24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
- Shining Pencilfish, Glittering Pencilfish
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Difficult to sex, mature females may appear more plump.
- A small peaceful shoaling fish that should be kept in shoals of 6 or more. Do not keep with aggressive, predatory or long-finned fish.
- Will accept most meaty foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food like brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Provide a densely planted tank with some open swimming space. This fish does not like very bright light.
- A peaceful, but shy, shoaling fish.
- This little Pencilfish is elongated with a bold black lateral line from the nose to the caudal peduncle, above this is an iridescent pale yellow band, the top and belly of this fish is olive green/grey. Fins are translucent.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )