Electric Blue Hap (Sciaenochromis ahli)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Electric Blue Hap
200 Litres (52.8)
10.2-15.2cm (4-6 ")
7.8 - 8.5
24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Electric Blue Haplo, Electric Blue Hap, Electric Blue, Blue Ahli, African Electric Blue Cichlid
Additional scientific names
- Cyrtocara ahli, Haplochromis ahli, Haplochromis jacksoni, Sciaenochromis fryeri
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Males are a distinctive bright blue colour, females are more of a dull brown and smaller in size.
- A peaceful but territorial cichlid, keep in a African cichlid species tank only, will work with other Haplochromines and Mbunas. Will eat small fish.
- Will take most foods including cichlid pellets, bloodworm, crustaceans and small fish.
- Twice a day.
- Sensitive to water conditions and pollutants, so frequent small water changes are necessary to keep these fish healthy. Prefer a large spacious tank with rocky décor.
- A peaceful typical African cichlid, males are polygamous so keep them with several females.
- Males have bright metallic blue bodies with faint vertical blue stripes across the flanks. Fins are tinged with yellow, the dorsal is tipped with a white band, and the anal fin has egg spots. The bodies are elongated and the fish have large mouths. Females will be the same shape but have little colour and smaller.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )