Modest Loach (Yasuhikotakia modesta)
From The Aquarium Wiki
208 Litres (55 US G.)
22.9-25.4cm (9-10 ")
6.0 - 7.2
24 -30 °C (75.2-86°F)
- Orange Finned Loach, Blue Loach, Redtail Botia, Modest Loach, Blue Botia
Additional scientific names
- Botia modesta, Botia rubrippinis
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Females generally plumper all over than males.
- Should only be kept with similar sized robust fish. Should be kept in groups of 4 or more. If kept with smaller fish, there's a chance they will be eaten.
- Is effective in keeping snail populations under control. Will eat a variety of foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Will dig in the substrate, so small gravel or sand is best, not suitable for planted tanks. Will need hiding places.
- A highly territorial fish within its own group and will set up a hierarchy. Though it can be peaceful, just avoid smaller fish.
- A heavy-set Loach with a similar body shape to the Clown Loach. The body is pale blue in colour and all fins are orange-red, although yellow-finned variations have been seen which can be mistaken for Yasuhikotakia lecontei.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )